Monday, June 7, 2010

4.1 Belleza de Lugosa Original



This was a logo I created in Adobe Illustrator for my Design Marketing class. This is for a resort in Costa Rica. I decided to use the hummingbird as the logo because the country has the highest number of different species in the world. Originally I scanned the illustration into the Illustrator. It did not turn out as expected. It was hard for me to re-draw the image. Instead of using the pen tool for the recreation, I used trace setting, and then used a paint fill setting to add color. It actually took quite a bit of time to do and the the lines where not as precise as I would like them to be. I think the first color palette (purple/green) works well with the tropical setting of the resort. The blue color palette is did not come out as vibrant as I hoped as the color on the computer monitor is very much different to the colors on paper. The darker blue came out too dark, and was hard to differentiate from the black and the light blue was too dusty. I think the font works well with the over all design.

No comments:

Post a Comment